The most ridiculous thing happened to me tonight. I fell into a bush!
I twisted my ankle when I stepped into a hole at the carpark while walking to my dad’s car, fell and landed palm-down into a bunch of thorny bush! Haha the scene must have been funny cuz I literally went, “OW, OW, OW!” while falling.
(By the way, I have no idea why NEA or NPARKs made the decision to grow thorny bushes beside a parking lot, where people have to walk close to it! But at least they had enough brains to make it non-poisonous.)
My dad, mom and sis rushed over and helped me up, get into the car and then went home. At home, I tweezed out 12 tiny triangular thorns from my palm and fingers. Twelve’s the trophy number. I admit I got a little freaked out with so many thorns stuck in my hand, but I felt like a hero picking them out one by one, and saving my palm from the pain and numbness. Every one out of my skin is an accomplishment. Haha. One was tricky and I had to tease it out with a needle.
Go macrophages! Go neutrophils! Cuz I didn’t use sterilized needle and tweezers.
I however, did use the infamous Qing Cao You, known as Double Prawn Herbal Oil. This oil works like wonders for small cuts, itches and other sores, but is insanely painful to apply. Its main ingredient prevents inflammation. (Not advisable to be used on open wounds cuz it is toxic when the body absorbs a large amount.)
So this event was rather unfortunate, but I count myself lucky for not sustaining more serious cuts.
Actually for my life, I have not suffered anything more than some accidental cuts and abrasions.
My list of injuries:
– Dropped a porcelain plate and a piece of it flew and cut my ankle. I was pretty amazed at the amount of blood flowing out of a small cut. I was young.
– Tripped over my own costume during a rehearsal for Chingay Parade. Oh my knees, they went down on the asphalt road like tofu.
– Slipped on wet stairs in sentosa during a freshmen orientation camp, fell, and hit my back on a step. A mark formed, and is still visible on my back now. OH I went to the doctor for this, and he said something weird like the shape of the mark is pretty. Perhaps he was just trying to make me feel better.
– Slipped and fell in hammy’s kitchen once cuz the floor was wet. Butt pain.
– Then this falling into the bush thing.
These are probably some incidents that I remember. Not that many =) Because of that, I can be rather whiny when I get hurt cuz my tolerance for pain is quite low.