What do I do when I have blueberries and yogurt in the refrigerator? Make my own yogurt mask and conduct a facial spa at home! It was really fun, so check out my recipe and how I did it!
First, I prepared the yogurt mask before beginning to do cleansing on my face.
All you need are:
- a handful of blueberries (about 7-10)
- 1 table spoon of plain unsweetened yogurt
- 1 tea spoon of pure honey
Adding blueberries into your DIY mask will pump up the anti-oxidants to fight sun damage, and free radicals. Vitamin C and Vitamin E also brightens the skin.
Yogurt, not to mention, is a great ingredient for DIY masks. It contains probiotics that helps battle acne, and lactic acid that locks in moisture to keep your skin glowing, supple and soft! Very good for anti-ageing.
Adding honey naturally hydrates the skin and most importantly, has anti-microbial properties to soothe any pimples.
*Picture is for illustration purpose, you don’t have to actually use so much!
1) Mash the blueberries into a blueberry juice.
2) Mix the blueberry juice, honey into the yogurt and stir!
It’s so so easy. Then, I placed the bowl into the refrigerator (so I’ll get a cold mask later!) while I go cleanse my face and prep it for the next awesome step – facial steaming! Yup that’s right, what’s a facial spa without some face steaming? :)
3) Cleansing steps:
- Clean with cleansing wipes – I used Nivea Visage Daily Essentials facial cleansing wipes
- Exfoliate – I used Bio-essence Royal Jelly + ATP Deep Exfoliation Gel
- Cleanse – I used New Biore Marshmallow Whip (8 times denser!)
4) Face Steaming!
Check out this beauty. She’s so curvy and sexy and steaming hot!
This babygirl is born for a reason. She doesn’t just dispense normal steam, but nano-ionic steam (nanometer sized steam particles). Nano-ionic steam penetrates deeply into skin to quickly moisturise dry skin and promote moisture retention. Furthermore, the hot steam lifts dirt and oil from the skin, enabling deep cleansing.
She’s compact and easy to operate with just one button. With her, you can enjoy a full home facial spa, just like I did! ^^
Be careful not to go too close, leave about 20cm’s distance away from the spout.
Steam, glorious steam!
After steaming for about 3 minutes, my face felt moisturised and relaxed! I really love how pampering it feels. I’m ready for the next step, which is to apply the blueberry yogurt mask :)
Gooey watery light yogurt.
5) Apply a thin layer on the face and leave for about 15 mins. It gets absorbed really quickly and some parts of my face was dry even before 15 mins was up. My skin is pretty greedy! So I fed it more by replenishing yogurt on the areas that dried.
After 15 mins, wash off the mask!
My skin felt clean, soft and bouncy after the home facial spa! It was so much fun making my own blueberry yogurt mask and steaming my face with the Ionic steamer. It’s something that I got to experience only at facial salons, but now I had the opportunity to conduct my own facial spa at home thanks to Panasonic’s Facial ionic steamer!
This is the second post I’ve done for the Singapore Blog Awards 2013 under Best Beauty Blog! :) Read the first post on how I do a sweet and simple makeup mini-tutorial if you haven’t! Please vote for me here if you like my posts :)
Thank you for reading and I hope you’ll have fun DIY-ing your own masks at home too!